Sunday, April 27, 2014

What a weekend!

This weekend was whirlwind of activity for us here on the farm and we used every bit of the beautiful weather that was upon us.



Yesterday I taught my first gardening class at the community center and I am excited to say, it went off without a hitch.  The people in my class were kind, engaging, and it was great to share my knowledge of gardening with others.  They left with quite a few seeds to start their own garden, and a lot of aspiration.  It was a great time!  I can't wait until next spring to do it again.





We were able to transplant and move outdoors 23 broccoli plants and 75 tomato plants today, and the hot houses are getting full!  I am going to have to construct a 4th hot house sometime this soon so I can move out the next group of tomatoes sometime in the next week.  I am so happy with how much easier this year's growing season has gone.  I was better about staggering the seedlings and not starting too soon this year, which has been a lot less stressful for me and the plants.  (Still just as much work though, as I feel like I am taking care of 300 babies!)  We are looking good for the 2nd annual plant sale which should take place May 8th and 9th-ish.

I hope this blog post finds you all well, and in "spring mode".  It seems like we waited a long time for her to get here, and hopefully she is finally here to stay!

No comments:

Post a Comment