Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Next Best Thing to Heaven


At the end of my life, I don't want to look back on things and say: "I wish I would have done that."
I don't want to look back and realize I missed out on the simple things in life.
I have always wanted to sleep outside, but not in a tent.
The practical part of my brain always dissuades the part of my brain that's still 10 years old from trying this because Ohio is full of mosquitoes, and both parts of my brain agree they hate those blood suckers, therefore it's never happened.
Until tonight.....

It's currently 58 degrees tonight in Maine, and there are virtually no bugs out right now.
This paired with the fact we have access to a screened in porch?

The perfect sleeping weather, and outside!
Not in a tent.

To hear the sound of the waves gently lapping against the shore line, while the trees dance in unison above our heads. The fragrant smell of pine trees and smoke from the fire drifting about us.

Maine has to be the next best thing to Heaven....
My guess is I will sleep better tonight than I have in years!

2 comments:

  1. Maine holds a very special place in my heart. My grandparents were both from Maine and lived there most of their lives. I visited them every summer for many, many years. Next to Alaska, it is my favorite state. Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is even prettier then I imagined it would be, and I am hoping to come back next year. THe weather hasn't been all that great thanks to the tropical storm. It has been covered in a lot of fog, making the views somewhat disappointing, but still gorgeous and definitely a great place for my next book.

      Delete