Sunday, April 22, 2012

It's not always glamorous....

The girls who started it all...



Welcome to my blog on urban farming and thanks for stopping by!  My name is Emily and I am an urban farmer living in a small town in Ohio.  My urban farm consists of french angora rabbits, chickens (meat and egg layers), ducks, and a large vegetable and flower garden.  We also have 2 horses, several cats and are active in dog rescue.  (We board the horses, they are not present on the farm....)  This farming experiment started when I purchased my house several years ago and with it I purchased a lot of land that extends behind all of my neighbor's houses, 4 houses down!  The question of what I would do with this piece land arose and I immediately thought of a flower/vegetable garden.  The idea of chickens and rabbits came later, and the rest is history.  Before I knew it I was living a country life, in the city!  There is always work to be done around here, and it isn't always glamorous, but at the end of the day I love knowing that I was able to produce the food that my family and I consume all from my own backyard!

No comments:

Post a Comment