Monday, March 5, 2018

Wrongly Labeled



I'm a strong woman.
Some might consider me short tempered or bitchy.
Evidently some consider me aggressive.
I don't like that connotation.
I especially hate when people use it as a way to describe me negatively.

In all honesty, I'm not aggressive.
I'm assertive.
There's a difference.

I'm confident.
I'm passionate.
I know what I want.
I'm sure of myself and I don't care what other people think about me.

I seldom behave.
I'm occasionally hard to handle, and if you are weak or mild you may be intimidated by me.

Often times people take me for being rude.
Please don't confuse my directness with rudeness.
There is a difference.

No,  I don't sugar coat things.
It's not my style.
In fact, I'm honest to a fault sometimes, and I will hurt you with the truth before I tell you a lie.

I think a lot.
I constantly reflect and evaluate my emotions, in an attempt to be a better human being.

I will never hurt you intentionally, and I will feel horribly guilty if I hurt you accidentally.

I can't stand someone who lies, and I will not hesitate to cut you out of my life if you break my trust.
I will forgive you as it takes too much effort to hold a grudge, but I won't forget how you made me feel.

I'm comfortable in my own skin, and my scars are a beautiful reminder of my life experiences.

I say what's on my mind without hesitation, and will advocate for myself and the underdog endlessly.

When I'm angry, give me some time and space to re-group.
I re-bound quickly and we can talk after I thoroughly think things through.

I'm sorry you're too sensitive to understand me.
I'm sorry you're too put off by who I am to like me.
Mostly though, I'm sorry you're too meager to be emphatic like me.

2 comments:

  1. You forgot to mention that all this strength protects a very sensitive heart.

    ReplyDelete