Wednesday, September 26, 2012

to the universe



I read a book not too long ago that stated our lives were controlled by our thoughts, and if you thought positively then only positive things would happen to you.  It explained that all you had to do was state what you wanted to the universe, with your whole heart, and through the Law of Attraction it would happen to you.

The old me would have been afraid to admit what I wanted to do.  The new me just says go for it!  I hate that often times what stands in the way of our dreams is fear and negativity.  I am going to laugh in the face of this and say: Bring it on!

I don't know if this Law of Attraction theory works or not, but I do believe in positive thinking.  So, here it goes:  I want to quit my job in 6 years.  I want to be a full-time farmer and an author. I want to be at a road side stand selling fresh eggs, meat and produce.  I want to have this book published and in the hands of my readers.  I want to write another book.  I don't need to be rich, I just want to live authentically.  Doing the things that bring me joy.  I want with my whole heart to be a farmer/author, and I believe this is possible.  Now I just need to move forward and figure out how to make this goal happen.  There is nothing stopping me, for I am in charge of my own destiny!  


  

3 comments:

  1. I think this is the way it's supposed to be. I would love to live in a small self sustaining community. I used to make fun of The Walton's when I was a kid. Now, that's all I dream of.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, this is not THE UNIVERSE responding here . . . just a tiny piece of it, but I say Go For It! It would be a very sad, very wasteful thing if you didn't keep writing in your own unique voice. As for your farming and the creative homesteading you and your family share, it makes wonderful reading, and it's made my tough and discouraging day a lot brighter. I wish you and your Reluctant Farmer, and wacky rooster, and fuzzy bunnies and other assorted critters who are lucky enough to share your lives all the best. I'm very new to most homesteading skills, and my lack of confidence is eclipsed only by my tragic gardening expertise (so far). Also, though it makes me feel silly, I LOVE to knit, even though the ins and outs of sock making are as yet beyond me. Your photo of Wilma was delightful, and I'm sure she'll be happy to grow you some lovely fiber to work with. I look forward to reading about all your adventures, and only wish we lived close enough to buy some veggies from your corner stand. Brightest Blessings to you and yours, Ellen in San Andreas, CA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ellen,

      Your kind words have made my day brighter as well! Thank you so much for reading my blog, and I am glad you like it. I know you are too far away to buy my veggies from my future vegetable stand, however if you email your address to urbanfarmgirl937@gmail.com I would love to mail you a few bars of soap that I recently made.

      Wooly Wilma has been churning out the wool for me and I won't lie it is amazing! I have been blending it with alpaca and the results are next to heavenly.... My plan is to knit a scarf with it. This is for two reasons: First, her wool is too warm for socks. Second, I have recently discovered that I HATE knitting socks! I am going to continue trying to learn, but I am not sure there is much hope for me.

      I wish you much luck and success on your fledgling homesteading skills, and don't worry we all have those garden seasons that are not so stellar. :)

      Best, Emily

      Delete