Sunday, May 12, 2013

The Other Mother....



Around this house there is a force of nature that lurks around silently and rarely with complaint.  I would be lost without this force of nature, and today I would  like to say Happy Mother's Day to The Reluctant Farmer.  

To know The Reluctant Farmer, is to love her.  She is patient, kind, and everything I am not, but strive to be.   She is a silent force that never asks for much, and always gives more than she gets.  Sometimes I wonder why she sticks around here!  (Trust me when I say, it is not because I am easy to live with!)   

Here are a few of the reasons I love her:

1)  Without her we would have no clean underwear or socks to wear to work/school.

2)  We would be forced to eat cafeteria food at school and work, without her awesome lunches that she packs us everyday.

3)  She loves all of my dogs, tolerates my livestock, and frequently takes care of them for me when I am too busy doing whatever else it is that I am doing.

4)  She never says "This was not my idea..." when I take on a project that is way to big for me to undertake single handedly. 

5)  She honestly is the most Godly woman I know in her actions and attitude, and frequently is someone I could take lessons from in this department.

6)  Where she has no biological children, she loves my child just as much as I do, and for that I just have to say:  Happy Mother's Day.  You deserve this day just as much as I do, if not more.  We would be lost without you....

No comments:

Post a Comment