Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Quality, not Quantity


Last night we went over to the Remy Homestead to enjoy their company and to swim in their pool.  When we were there we decided to order pizza, and had an impromptu dinner party, and I was reminded just how lucky I am.

In life you don't get to pick your family, but you do get to pick your friends and if you are lucky you will find friends that are as close to you as family.  I'm lucky in this way, unbelievably so!

Whether it be changing the locks on my house, jumping my car 3 times in a day, or rescuing dogs from all sorts of perilous positions, these guys have my back 100% of the time, and I would do anything for them as well.   That's how this relationship and the rest of my relationships work.   I want the type of friends that you love like family.

As I watch my daughter struggle thorough her middle school years and the friendships that come along with that, I pray she realizes it's not about the quantity of friends, it's the quality of friend's that matter.  My, how life would have been so much easier if I had figured that out as a 13 year old instead of a 35 year old!

The friends I surround myself with now day are the most positive, honest, genuine, selfless people I know and I would be lost without them in my life....

2 comments:

  1. I love your blog and so happy to have found you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Barb! You kind words mean so much to me, and I'm glad you enjoy reading what I write. I'm glad you found me too! :)

    ReplyDelete