Sunday, August 25, 2019

Operation Cowboy Kindness - Mission #1 SUCCESS



Folks, I have an idea.....

Since Woody has been hanging around our house, I've had a lot of folks email me and say how refreshing it has been to share his story, and how much they have enjoyed being part of the journey.  

Folks have mentioned how the love following along, and how he has brought so much joy to their lives.  (Please remember we live in an area that was hit by massive tornadoes several months ago, and a mass shooter killed 9 people and injured several dozen just 3 weeks ago.)  But, even if they aren't local, I think people just really excited to see something positive.

Yesterday morning, I was on Facebook, and there in our local Facebook parent group was a mother who was reaching out to the community asking for us to keep a look out for her 10 year old son's beloved bicycle that had been stolen. If you know me, you know I love. love. love to give to people, so I instantly knew I wanted to do something for this young man. 

I went out to the store, and I bought that little boy a new bicycle, only I didn't do it alone.  There in the checkout line at Walmart was a kind woman who also donated to the cause.  

And that is how Operation Cowboy Kindness was born in my mind.  

What if the love, kindness and goodwill of Woody's story didn't have to end?
What if we shared Woody's mission and watched it unfold here?

I have an idea for Mission 2, and would love for a little help.  
Is there anyone else who would like to join me?

If so, click the link below....


3 comments:

  1. Your kindness and joy make the world a much better place. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily, you are truly the epitome of kindness!! In a time when we're being hounded daily to contribute to the political aspirations of folks in both warring factions, I would MUCH rather donate my few pennies to a cause like this one. Thank you, thank you!

    ReplyDelete