Thursday, August 30, 2012

No power. No problem......



I got home tonight and went to close the chicken coop up, hit the garage door and there was no power.  I went around to the front of the house and there was a disconnection notice on the front door from the electric company.  I am unsure why I have been disconnected as I paid my bill on Aug. 3rd and the next bill is not due until Sept. 10th.  I called the police station to ask about the disconnection issue and was told that they could reconnect it for an additional $130.00 but they had no way of looking up my records this late at night.  So, here we sit in the dark.  I was pretty angry at first, but actually as I type this blog post and look around life is pretty peaceful by candle light.  This is a minor inconvenience in the big scheme of life, and we will survive just like others have before us.  I am going to make like a pioneer and go to bed now, because what else do you do when it is pitch black in your house?!  

No comments:

Post a Comment