Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Great homes come to dogs who wait!

Last night the moment I had prayed about for many months, finally happened.  Marty found his forever home.  Marty was the last of the "Maplewood 6 Pack" to find his home, but good homes come to dogs who wait!  Of any dog I have ever fostered, I think I have worried the most about this boy.  Marty is not a normal dog due to his previous situation, however he is a deserving dog and I can tell he is going to recover brilliantly under the loving care of his new family.  I am so happy!

Marty and his new sister.  How cute are they?!

I had no doubts last night when Marty left that he was going to a family that was going to give him a chance to succeed, a chance to be a real dog, and a chance at the new life that he was promised the day he left the puppymill.  When I drove home last night I cried the entire road home.  Not because I was sad, but because I was humbled yet again by God and His plan.  I was again reminded that if I pray about something and let God handle it in His time, the ultimate solution will unfold.  The truth is right here in the pictures.....

Marty (middle) and his new siblings on their first day together.

Reminder:  Don't forget to enter our contest hosted by our sponsor: Skin Soap Co.  See blog post  http://ontheurbanfarm.blogspot.com/2013/02/sponsor-welcome-skin-soap-co.html for details!

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad that Marty has found a forever home where he will be so loved and pampered.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily,as I read this last night it brought tears to my eyes, as I read it now I still tear up. Our GOD works in mysterious ways and ways we will never understand. He is an amazing GOD!We are blessed to have Marty in our lives! Marty has been given a second chance at life because of you guys at Lost and found K9 rescue who brought him home and nursed him back to health. He is a wonderful little guy, precious as can be! We are so blessed to have him in our lives now. Our paths have crossed for a reason...

    I must tell you are family story first. I have always dreamed of a big happy family but as you can see we only have one beautiful little girl (I'm a little partial to say the least). We have endured a lot of pain and heartache to get that precious baby girl of ours. In 2003 17 1/2 weeks into my first pregnancy our first baby girl was born, devastating! We tried for three years after to have another with no success. We turned to fertility treatments and decided on an IUI. Well in the process of going through these treatments my beloved grandma passes away but we decided to continue knowing that is what she would want. The day we buried my grandma was the day I had my IUI. I truly believe in my heart that my grandma with the help of GOD sent us our beautiful little girl-Elizabeth Lillian Rose! Since Elizabeth we have sent 3 more babies to heaven with the last one being a year ago. Over this past year I have done much sole searching coming to the acceptance that we are only meant to have Elizabeth. It is a gut wrenching feeling but one I had to come face to face with. Then I hear this story from Angie about her little rescue and I look you guys up. Low and behold there it is staring me right in the face, little Marty. It took me a while but I finally figured out what I needed to do. My family needed to save Marty. He was the void, the reason, we were meant to take care of him and love him. Marty needed me more. We loved him from the moment he was pulled out of his crate. We love him more every minute, especially with every new baby step. What gets me most is his beautiful smile!!! He is a cutie pie.

    What you guys do is amazing and wonderful. I know Elizabeth will follow in your foot steps one day. She is determined to become a vet and save every animal that crosses her path. Because of your devotion to animals Marty is her first save! My family cannot thank you guys enough for saving Marty.

    We love you all (((hugs)))
    The Hubbard's
    Eric, Kelly, Elizabeth, Hailey, Optimus and Marty

    ReplyDelete