Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Dahlias, Dogs and Departure....


After what has seemed like forever, I am proud to say that my chicks have graduated from the bathroom to the barn tonight.  When I purchased chicks this time, I never dreamed that I would have to keep them indoors as long as I have had to this year.  I purchased the chicks with the intent to keep them indoors for 10 days-ish and then the weather would turn around and out they would go.  Wrong! That was 21 days ago, and finally the temperatures are not going to be terrible this week so out they went today.  It is so nice to have my bathroom back to myself!


I needed this little bit of a victory against chaos today.  This week has been a whirlwind of craziness with walking dogs, vet visits, rescue chores, and I know the weekend will be here before I can blink my eyes.  My days with Stella are coming to an end, and tonight I must say I am okay with this.  When I say this house is crazy currently, that is no exaggeration!  There are tomato plants knee high in my dining room, dahlias blooming under 30,000 lumens of grow lights, more tomatoes coming up, and cucumbers and watermelon germinating as I speak.  All of this is going on as I wait for spring to show her beautiful face, and like a typical woman she is taking her time!  With all of the gardening happenings taking over my living space, the fact that I have one additional large dog is noticeable  however 2 additional large dogs is enough to have me committed!  I will be happy to have my rescue-life slow down a bit as I approach the busiest time of the year here, because I know that as crazy as my life feels this week, nothing compares to what is coming up in the next few weeks.  Let that gardening begin!




No comments:

Post a Comment