Monday, September 22, 2014

Crashing news! Literally....

This morning I was going through our local McDonald's drive-thru, running late to work in a usual Monday morning fashion, when I happened to glance to my left and there peering out of the newspaper stand was an article titled: A New Library in Tipp.  It took my brain a millisecond to realize that the picture under the heading was of me!  Naturally, I had to back up and look again, just to make sure my eyes were not playing tricks on me in the early morning hours.  Unfortunately, I did not notice the small black car with it's headlights off behind me.....

Bump!

I get out of my car, assess the very minor damage to both cars, apologize to the woman I bumped into, and start rambling on about how sorry I was while I try to explain what I was doing.

"Oh my gosh!  I am so sorry!  I did not see you there.  I was just looking over at that news stand, backed up for a better look at myself and BAM!  There you were."

She looked at me as if she was already having a bad morning that had just gotten worse, and said:  "Were you trying to see yourself in the reflection of the glass?  Were you trying to fix your hair?"

"No, I wear my hair like this all the time!"  I exclaim.  "See there?," as I point to the news stand.  "That's me!  How cool is it that I'm in the newspaper this morning, and look that that font size!  It is HUGE!"

I can see she is not impressed.  Quietly I give her my insurance information, apologize once more and we part ways.

I knew my next call was going to be to the Reluctant Farmer.  I had to call her for two reasons.  First, I needed to have her drive to McDonald's to buy a copy of the newspaper because I had no cash on me.  (Priorities!)  Second, I needed to explain to her why our car insurance premiums were going to increase.  Sadly, she was not impressed with the latter half of the conversation, therefor she was really not impressed with the first half of the conversation either.

My good mood was not going to be derailed though, even when she later texted me a picture of the article with a message that read:  "Hooray for slow news days!"

I think someone is bitter about my font size.....







1 comment:

  1. Bumpers and insurance were invented for occasions like this, congratulations!

    ReplyDelete