Saturday, November 29, 2014

Confessions of a Hoarder


I want it all.
It will be mine.
If they touch it, my teeth they'll find.

Those who don't know me think I'm cute.
But if you ask my mom, she'll tell you I'm a pain in the "patoot".

You see she bought us new toys, times three.
I think what she meant was: she bought toys only for me.

Sharing is not a virtue I care to know.
I find it pointless and only for show.
For when she turns her back on me, my teeth the other dogs, shall see.

I'm a sneaky little shit, my struggle is real.
Standing guard over a crate I've pirated, only increases my zeal.

I'm convinced he who dies with the most toys wins,
coming close to my stash is a mortal sin.

I must go back to work, protecting what's mine.
It's a hard job to do, keeping the other dogs in line....

1 comment: