Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Independence Day


On the night of the July 4th, The Reluctant Farmer and I were on our way home, and we passed this barn.  The barn sits by itself, out in the middle of a field, with only a few trees to keep it company.  I imagine, years ago the trees sheltered a house which sat there too, but I don't know that to be true.


"Miss K" and I passed this barn every week last fall, as it's on our way to her horseback riding lesson, and every week I would say: "I wish I had my camera...."  



As luck would have it, I did have my camera the eve of July 4th, and I was so happy to take pictures of this beauty.  As I was circling her, I found myself caught up in the "click" of my camera's shutter and I welcomed the strong sense of peace I felt in the middle of that soybean field.  With the essence of strength and sovereignty whirling about me in the breeze, it seemed fitting I would meet this girl on a day our country was celebrating it's independence..... 


For additional picture of this beauty, please visit her album on our Facebook page at: https://www.facebook.com/OnTheUrbanFarm/photos/?tab=album&album_id=651665014981318

No comments:

Post a Comment