Friday, January 31, 2014

Happy Birthday "Peter Parker"!



I work in healthcare, as an radiologic technologist at a pediatric hospital.
I am one of the blessed people that goes to work everyday and genuinely loves what she does.
I make a difference in the lives of one of God's greatest gifts to this world: the child.
For some folks, "real life" starts as soon as they leave their job.
For me, and the amazing group of people I work with, "real life" stares us in the face everyday.
Hope.
Joy.
Laughter.
Tragedy.
Togetherness.
Sadness.
Death.
We see this everyday.
We walk these emotions everyday.

Today was "super hero" day and we were all encouraged to dress up like "super heroes".
Today also is the birthday of a patient who touched my heart as well as an entire hospital's heart.

Happy Birthday to a "super hero" who I will never forget.
Here's to all the laughs that we shared together.
To you making me belt out Michael Jackson's "Man in the Mirror" in the ICU via karaoke machine anytime you could, just because you knew I would look like an idiot to anyone just to make you smile.
To a little boy who even mostly blind, always noticed when I got my hair cut.
 And who I often had to bribe with an endless supply of stickers, paper hats and Justin Bieber t-shirts.

I love you, "Peter Parker".
You are "my boy".
You are OUR boy, and I can't wait to see you in Heaven one day, where we will sing an encore together again.....




No comments:

Post a Comment