Saturday, January 25, 2014

Lifeboat in a Storm


I have shared before that our New Year's resolution was to pay off our unsecure debt in 2014.  We started this adventure in the middle of November, and as of this week we have reduced our debt by $4000.00 and paid off a student loan.  That feels great, and I would love to tell you that this challenge has been easier than buttering toast, however that would be the biggest lie of 2014!  This budget has been the hardest thing I have done in my entire life and I am reminded daily why I have never been a successful dieter.  I lack any type of willpower....

This week I have had to dig deep for my willpower due to a minor mistake in mathematics that left us with roughly $3.72 to our name, therefore curbing any extra spending money.  I won't lie, I have been sad and my budget has been extra hard this week.  Tonight on my way home from work though, life got so much better!

I received a call from my amazing friend Julie, asking if I was free for dinner and girl talk.  It was her treat AND I got to pick the restaurant!  Naturally, I picked Chipotle and it was great, but not as great as my friend and the offer of a "lifeboat" in a storm.  

I expected (or at least hoped) to lessen my debt in this process, but I never expected to discover a more authentic side of myself.  This adventure has made me so much more appreciative, it's the little things that mean the most to me now....

No comments:

Post a Comment