Sunday, May 11, 2014

Radiant beauty...


Last night The Reluctant Farmer and I were privileged enough to to attend an art show where my sister showcased 3 pieces of her art.  Abby creates these incredible collage pieces, and in the past when I have seen her work I have been impressed, but I must say last night when I witnessed her work, I was just in awe.  The three pieces she had were titled "Behind Closed Doors" and each piece dealt with an aspect of a very dark time in her life and her journey through physical abuse, depression, and abuse.  

To look at these pieces, to revisit these feelings, to see how far my sister has come, and to witness the healing that has occurred really moved me.  More than I ever thought possible by art.  For several hours I was so moved by these pieces all I could do was stare at my sister from behind the lens of my camera.  I just wanted to capture the essence of her, and to feel the energy that was surrounding us on this magical night.  I took picture after picture, and in each one Abby's brilliance and personality just radiates from her.  I could have taken pictures of her all night....





No comments:

Post a Comment