Thursday, August 15, 2013

Mama said there'd be days like this....



Tonight Wigzi came back to me from his temporary foster home (more on that later...) at the same time that Katzya was ready to come home from the horse barn.  I knew that Katzya would be so happy to have him back at our house because she really loves him, so I decided to take him with me to the barn to pick her up.  It was going to be a surprise....

In my haste of leaving the house, I quickly scooped Wigzi up, trucked him to the car, and away we went.  Never thinking for even a minute that he gets car sick.

In fact it didn't dawn on me until we were about 2 miles out of town, and suddenly he started dripping saliva from his mouth.  I thought, "Oh, no!" and quickly kicked myself for being in a hurry and not remembering this issue.  So, I continue to drive, hoping to find a place to pull over so I could put him on something so he wouldn't vomit on my seat.  Naturally, I couldn't find anything except The Reluctant Farmer's jacket, so I did the next best thing.  I grabbed an empty McDonald's bag rolled down the side and thought I would have him barf in the bag.  WRONG!

He is afraid of the bag (of course he would be!), misses and promptly vomits on the seat of my car!

This lovely moment comes after I have been urinated on by a kid at work, stepped on by our horse this morning, and locked out of the car AT the gas station only to realize I had no debit card and had to crawl through the window to get into the house for the spare set of keys after WALKING home.  

Tomorrow is a new day, thank you God!

1 comment:

  1. And I thought that I had bad days. Hope the future days are better.

    ReplyDelete