Sunday, October 13, 2013

Christ and cowboy boots....


This morning my sister called me at 9:30 am and asked me to go to the 10:00 am church service with her.  Truthfully, all I wanted to do was to sleep in, but the more I laid there coming up with excuses as to why I didn't want to get up, the worse I felt.

My feet hit the floor at a run because Abby said she was going to zip past my house and pick me up on her way through.  I dashed into Katzya's room, told her we were going to church and asked her to hurry.  She, like most teenagers, grumbled and stumbled her way down the hallway semi-dressed and I hurriedly finished getting ready.

Abby pulled up in front of the house, honked her horn and we ran outside to greet her.  Katzya got in the front seat while I got in the back seat and truthfully I never noticed what Katzya was wearing.  Until we got to church....

As we were waiting for Abby to grab her morning cup o' joe, I looked down at Katzya's feet and said:  "Seriously?!  You wore your boots to church?!"  In her 13 year old way, Katzya rolled her shoulders and said:  "What?  I wiped the dirt off of them!"

As the sermon wrapped up, I realized the most important part of the morning was the message about joy and not sweating "the small stuff".  Perhaps the cowboy boots this morning were a lesson from God, in that I sweat too much small stuff and need to look at the world a little differently....

No comments:

Post a Comment