Wednesday, October 30, 2013

The Cowboy and the Magician


Monday I was at work when I noticed my front tooth felt rough and uneven right before a piece the size of the Grand Canyon, chipped off.  The tooth in question may or may not have been previously repaired because I chipped it two decades ago, when I jumped over the back of a couch with a beer bottle in hand.  (Sorry you had to find out on my blog, Mom!)  I needed help in the form of a dentist ASAP, because with a chipped tooth, I was unable to smile and that was a tragedy in and of itself!

Anyone who knows me, knows I am neurotic about my teeth and phobic of the dentist.  (Odd combo I know....)  I needed someone special for this job, I needed The Cowboy Dentist.  When I called his office I was squeezed into the first appointment for Tuesday morning.  I arrived scared, but quickly realized I was in great hands!  From the moment I arrived, I was greeted by friendly folks that were knowledgeable and clearly experts in their field.  

Besides The Cowboy Dentist, I met April The Magician.  April The Magician was flawless in her mission to repair my tooth.  She took her time, paid attention to detail and worked her magic. (I'm not sure what it was, but she able to fix my chipped tooth and also repair a chipped incisor that looked very rough...)  And I tell you, I left that office feeling like a million bucks!  

To The Cowboy Dentist, April the Magician, and the staff, this appointment was probably nothing more than another day at the office.  To me it was a miracle and a huge sigh of relief.  Thank you to each and everyone of you, you were great!

2 comments:

  1. What did they have to do when they fixed the chip? Did they have to numb you up or was there something they can put on a rough tooth without having to crown it? I'm getting a crown today because my tooth broke off in the back and then a partial for missing molars. I hate the dentist. I used to have to get nitrous oxide for everything but they drew the line at a cleaning! I'm sort of over that now but still petrified of the dentist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They put some type of porcelain on it, and they didn't have to numb it. It didn't hurt at all! I don't know if they can do the same in the back or not since those teeth are for grinding, but you should ask!

      Delete