Monday, December 17, 2012

Christmas at Aisling Cottage

Normally I don't decorate for the holidays.  I will put a tree up for Christmas and that is a far stretch for me and my decorating tolerance.  The Reluctant Farmer is the polar opposite of me.  She loves the holidays, and the decorating and frills that go into all of that.  Usually accompanying my disregard for all things holiday, comes a nasty attitude as well.  I can't help it.  (Clutter and stringing lights on a tree make me homicidal!)

This year I decided to be different, VERY different!  The Reluctant Farmer went away just before Halloween, and I decided to con my mother into helping me decorate to surprise the Reluctant Farmer when she got home.  (My mom would give Martha Stewart a run for her money when it comes to decorating!)  Mom and I went to several stores and loaded up in harvest/fall/thanksgiving decorations and spent an entire afternoon decorating the house.  My mom knew how important simple decorations were for me, and she included ideas such as mason jars with beans and corn into the scheme as well as other simple ideas that I would have never thought of.  

When mom offered to return to the cottage to decorate for Christmas, I immediately took her up on the offer.  She spent the entire afternoon here working her tail off!  Truth be told I was so excited about the decorating, I have even hosted several holiday parties this year!  (Quite the Christmas miracle!)  I am so proud of how it turned out I had to share with you all!
















Mom made the house look great, for very little money and it was so simple.  Thanks mom for all of your hard work!   I hope you enjoy seeing my decorations, and if you have decorating ideas on your blog, or are able to share your ideas please leave me a comment.  I would love to check them out!


Shared on the following blog hops:












3 comments:

  1. Looks beautiful.....I love your country style!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful! Thank you for linking up with the Clever Chicks this week; I hope you’ll join us again!

    Merry Christmas!

    Kathy Shea Mormino
    The Chicken Chick
    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,
    I just stopped by to let you know that over at Hibiscus House I have featured your post on our Farmgirl Friday Blog Hop. Deborah Jean, Heidi and myself co host this wonderful party. Please come by and pick up your featured button...
    http://hibiscushouse1.blogspot.com/2012/12/farmgirl-friday-blog-hop-89.html

    ReplyDelete