Thursday, December 27, 2012

First sign of spring!



I got a text message from the Reluctant Farmer today with an excited exclamation about what she had received in the mail.  The first seed catalog of the season!  I tell you, when there is 10 inches of snow on the ground, there is nothing warmer than a catalog full of the wonder and promises of spring.  I can't wait to plan the garden this year. 

We are set to add several more beds for tomatoes, and to rebuild our beds from last year.  (We used recycled cargo crates last year and they didn't hold up very well.....).  I also really want to try potatoes this season.  In the past I was afraid to try potatoes, due to the risk of having the potato exposed to light, however after seeing several people grow them in the community garden, I think I can do it.  I am also going to have to figure out a squirrel deterrent this year, which may keep me busy for the remainder of the winter!  (He is most likely plotting his attack on my garden as we speak....)

Is anyone else thinking about the garden yet?  I miss it like I would miss breathing, and can't wait to feel the dirt between my fingers again.....

No comments:

Post a Comment