Monday, December 31, 2012

Recipe: Chicken Tetrazzini



As the holiday season wraps up here at Aisling Cottage I will forever remember Christmas of 2012 as one of my favorite holidays thus far.  This year was full of giving, decorations, friends, and simplicity.  I was determined that this year would be different for me and it was. 

I actually entertained 3 parties here at the cottage, and I think that was the most amazing part of the season.  My favorite party was the one with my friends from work.  The ladies that showed up for this party are some of the greatest women in my life and it was an honor to have them come over for dinner, drinks, and laughter.  My goal for this party was to feed them food directly off the farm.  (These are women who are genuinely proud of my urban farming and were so excited to come over and dine with me!)  It was a success!   We ended up eating a delicious chicken tetrazzini dish made from chickens that were fresh from my backyard.  We served this with an orange almond salad, and garlic bread. 

If you are looking for a simple, yet delicious recipe, try this chicken tetrazzini recipe!




Ingredients:

4-5 pound chicken, cooked, deboned, and diced
8 ounces spaghetti noodles, cooked and drained
6 tbsp. butter
8 oz. sliced mushrooms
¼ c. flour
1 c. light cream
2 ½ c. chicken brooth
¼ c. dry sherry
1/3 c. grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 c. butter
Salt and pepper

Directions

Heat the oven to 425°. Butter a 2 1/2- to 3-quart baking dish.  Cook spaghetti according to package directions.  In skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat; sauté sliced mushrooms until golden brown. In a saucepan, melt 1/4 cup butter; stir in flour, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Stir until smooth; add chicken broth and cream. Cook, stirring, until sauce is thickened. Add chicken, cooked mushrooms, and sherry; heat thoroughly. Place noodles or spaghetti in a buttered baking dish; pour on sauce. Top with Parmesan cheese.  Bake at 425° for 20 minutes, until hot.  



This recipe mixed with a few good friends or family members this a guaranteed good time!  Enjoy!



Shared on:







No comments:

Post a Comment