Sunday, December 16, 2012

Praying for Sandy Hook Elementary



It is days like this that I am grateful for the urban farm that I have created.  A place where I can get away from it all.  We live a fairly simple life here with not a lot of access from the media, and I am glad we live without the drama and negative hype that goes on there.

I am deeply saddened by the loss of lives in Connecticut.  It is beyond tragic, and as a parent I can't imagine what those families are going through.  I can't fathom kissing my daughter good-bye in the morning, and never seeing her again.  All I can do for the victims and their families is pray for them and turn off the media.  It has been all over my Facebook page today, people posting and re-posting stories and the question "why?"  It really doesn't matter "why".  These answers won't bring back the victims of the shooting or give us a logical answer and understanding.  

There are people that want to blame the government, our gun laws, or the gunman's family, however I blame the media.  If the media wasn't so busy creating havoc and paranoia by interviewing traumatized children, and giving these low life creeps so much attention, then maybe they would just kill themselves instead of killing a bunch of innocent people along with themselves.  No one wants to die a nobody, and thanks to the news outlets the people that go on these rampages make a name for themselves.  It may be a negative name, but they are at least known for something.

I refuse to hit up the media outlets regarding this shooting.  I don't want to know the shooter's name.  I don't want to remember him.  I want to remember the innocent victims and their families.  I want to remember the heroes, the teachers and staff, that risked their own lives to save the lives of the children that were in their care.  They will be in my every prayer.....

No comments:

Post a Comment